Nearly half of emails are opened using smartphones and tablets. This rate, is a 500% increase when compared to the data from the last four years and is still expected to grow in the coming years. This is why it’s important to consider how your email looks on mobile.
What makes emails in mobile GREAT?
In our past blogs and online training, we’ve mentioned how important it is to make your email template adapt and display perfectly on mobile devices. Whether is responsive, fluid or scalable it’s important the design flows and fits whatever device is used. But what if I tell, there’s more than you can do to make your emails more engaging and user-friendly when viewed in mobile? Some cool new tricks have been released for email marketing templates.
When you want to send more information without cluttering your email template, the best way to go is to arrange your information through navigation menus.
Why use a navigation menu in your email?
- Scrolling Navigation Menus are useful for many industries, especially retail. When you have more than one products or categories, you can make it easier for your email readers to find what they need through the menus.
- You will be able to add more information about your products / campaigns without cluttering your design with too many buttons.
Peak promotional times are around the corner. With companies sending emails about their current promotions, the best way to make your readers notice your email among all the others is to make it interactive. How? Scratch Effect.
Why add a scratch effect to your email?
- It gives you the opportunity to capture the curiosity of your readers and make them interested in your offer.
- Emails have been static for so long, interaction in an email can assist in boosting conversion rates. For example, animated GIF’s were tested by Dell and resulted in a 109% lift in revenue compared to it’s non-animated counterpart
An accordion menu is “a vertically stacked list of headers that can be clicked to reveal or hide content associated with them” and we love it!
Why use accordion menu?
- We spend 9 minutes on email via a mobile device, that is only 7.6% of the total 119 minutes we use our phone per day. We want our readers to be able to know what our message is even when they don’t have enough time to read the whole thing. Accordion works well with this because it is skim-friendly.
- Easy to read. Even when readers have enough time to read, dividing your email content into an interactive list makes it easy to read and understand.
Email is and will always be the best form of marketing there is. It’s about time we leave the old email templates and incorporate these new features for a much better experience. These features (and images above) are all offered by Email Monks, our trusted company when it comes to email designs. We have no association with the Monks. We just love their work.